The “Sustainability in Action” Bike Tour
Explore the sustainable side of Atlanta!
Join us for this one-of-kind educational bicycle adventure!
While exploring the urban landscape by bike, travel through our historic city and see how Atlanta has embraced sustainable practices and innovations relating to environment, economic, and social responsibilities:
- Learn why Atlanta is increasingly applauded for green building, tree canopy, water conservation, land use, innovation, and more.
- Explore beautiful nationally recognized public parks that are at the cutting edge of watershed management.
- Explore the Kendeda Building, the first building in Georgia and the 28th in the world to earn the Living Building Challenge, the world’s most ambitious and holistic green building achievement.
- See firsthand how a city built with cars in mind can reshape itself to include more active transportation options by riding along protected bike lanes, the Atlanta BeltLine, and through pedestrian-friendly campuses.
- Learn about the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta’s LEED Platinum and TRUE Platinum Zero Waste certified stadium and home of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United.
On this 3-hour, 11-mile immersion, you’ll see why Atlanta is increasingly applauded for green building, trees and greenspace, business vitality, water conservation, land use, innovation, and more.
This tour experience is presented in partnership with Root Local, a local nonprofit focused on supporting collective environmental impact within metro Atlanta. Root Local’s vision is to empower Atlantans to understand their environmental footprint and to make a global impact on a local scale.